At Terrus we focus on providing good people with challenging opportunities in a
positive, energetic work environment. We believe that when these three factors align
individuals grow and succeed, our clients receive the highest level of service possible
and ultimately Terrus succeeds.
Our people-centered culture is based on individual responsibility, open communication
and trust. At Terrus people are encouraged, and expected, to contribute their ideas
and points of view on how to improve their jobs, their teams and the company overall.
The people who enjoy working at Terrus are those that enjoy an open, interactive
and fast-paced working environment. Our team is made up of a group of great, self-motivated
individuals that are willing to step up and figure out how to make themselves, their
teams and in the end, Terrus, more effective and successful.
When asked what the key to Terrus’ success has been it’s clear that all the success
to date has been because of the individuals on our team
HOA Property Manager
To manage the property management accounts of Terrus Real Estate Group as assigned.
To maintain a level of service to each client that meets or exceeds their expectations.
This is an exempt position. This position requires attendance after regular business hours
to attend periodic client meetings (Board meetings; Annual meetings) and to address emergency situations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for facilitating annual and neighborhood meetings for all communities assigned.
- Attends all board of director, annual members meetings and resident neighborhood meetings as required. Schedules and coordinates homeowner notification, documents each meeting and sends meeting minutes to homeowners within two weeks of each meeting.
- Acts as main point of contact for residents and Board of Directors for each association. Responds to resident complaints and questions with an emphasis on professional, high-quality customer service.
- Maintains communication with residents and association boards, including but not limited to preparation and coordination of mass mailings, email correspondence, and phone contact.
- Coordinates procedures for bidding work, sending out bid packets, and ensuring final execution of contracts and works with vendor to ensure contract fulfillment.
- Prepares covenant violation letters as necessary and follows up to ensure compliance with covenants.
- Prepares dues certificate affidavits and lender questionnaires for refinancing or new home purchases to ensure that all dues owed are paid in full. Works directly with sales agents’ and lenders’ requests.
- Updates and saves any new community documents as needed, including monthly financials, plat maps, and Covenant amendments.
- Manages customer conflicts with an emphasis on professional, high-quality customer service. Facilitates positive outcomes involving escalated homeowner issues.
- Conducts weekly inspections of properties to ensure proper physical maintenance.
- Works continuously on process improvements to operate in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Other duties as assigned and/or necessitated in the event of an emergency.
- Codes and approves all invoices submitted for payment processing.
- Reviews and approves monthly financial statements prior to posting. This includes G/L classifications, balance sheet and income/expense information.
- Coordinates preparing budgets for annual meetings and presents the budgets.
- Maintains quality control efforts by evaluating current year financials and documenting budget changes to implement for the next budgeting cycle.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a property management capacity. HOA experience desired.
- Knowledge of real estate, construction trades, and its terminology preferred.
- Excellent MS Office Skills – Word, Excel, Power Point. Timberline experience a plus.
- Proficient in establishing annual budgets, reviewing contracts and analyzing third-party billing.
- Ability to navigate web-based programs.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and personality types.
- Excellent customer service skills required with the ability to handle difficult customers and to professionally manage customer conflicts.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and accuracy.
- Proven leadership, planning, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
- Effective oral/written communication, negotiation and teambuilding skills.
- Comfortable making presentations in both small and large group settings.
- Good interpersonal skills in negotiation, conflict management, and relationship building with internal and external service delivery partners.
You may email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, mail to Terrus Real Estate Group, Attn Human Resources, 100 Court Avenue, Suite 400, Des Moines, IA 50309 or you may fax your resume to (515) 471-4304.
Equal Opportunity Employer